All papers, submitted to the congress should not be published or posted anywhere
- Abstract must consist of the following main headings; title, author (s) information and the affiliations of all the authors and highlight the presenter name, Abstract length should be between 250 and 500 words in Times New Roman and reflect the aim and scope, including methods and findings. Keywords should be between 2 and 5.
Poster sizes should be 50x70 cm in vertical position
Poster include author (s) name, e-mail address and the affiliations of all the authors at the top of it.
Title should not exceed twelve words.
Poster presentation should include abstract, introduction, material and method, conclusion, discussion and references.
Abstract should emphasize the purpose of the research, findings and recommendations, and font size 16, and has at least 3 keywords.
Papers should be written in Microsoft Word Program, in Times New Roman, the main title font size 36, the rest of the text font size 24, and references shold be font size 16.
Headings should be centered, and other parts of the text shold be written justified.
References should be written in accordance with APA 6 rules. Examples related with reference writting are given below.
WRITING RULES FOR FULL PAPERS
- Papers in A4 paper size and in standard Word format, with margins; top: 2,5 bottom: 2,5 left: 2,5 and bottom: 2,5 cm should be written as single-line and justified.
- Although there is no page limit in the papers, it is expected that the upper limit of 25 pages will not be exceeded.
- The paper with no author information should consist of Turkish title, Turkish abstract, English title, English abstract, keywords under the abstracts, followed by introduction, main text, conclusion, bibliography and attachments.
- Headers, footers or page numbers should not be included.
- Papers can be prepared in Turkish or English
- 250-500 words abstract must be added at the beginning of the paper. If the written language is Turkish, an English abstract and an English title must be added.
- After the abstract, at most 5 keywords (Turkish and English) indicating the content of the paper should be added.
- Abstracts and keywords should be Times New Roman 10 font, italic, single line spacing and justified ..
- The main text should be prepared in Times New Roman, 12 font size, single line spacing, justified . Each paragraph spacing (after 6 nk) should be left. The first lines of the paragraphs should start inside 1.25 cm.
- Turkish and English titles should be written on the Turkish and English abstract sections in capital letters, centered, 1.5 line spacing, Times New Roman, 12 font size and bold
- The main headings and sub-titles of the papers are 2., 2.1., 2.1.1. It should be numbered starting from the Introduction title (excluding the bibliography) and written in bold. Main titles should be written in capital letters, only the first letter of subtitles should be capital. 6 nk spaces must be left before and after the titles.
- All figures, tables and graphics should be given a title and titles should be numbered consecutively. The title should be placed on the center of the table, figure or graphic in Times New Roman, 12 pt, bold . After the table, figure or graphic text is given with its number, the name of the table, figure or graphic should be written by putting a single point. Resource declarations should be given under the tables, figures or graphics in 11 font size.
- Footnotes (including explanations) should be numbered in the text, on a separate page, written in numerical order under the heading "Notes" in Times New Roman with 11 pt. And placed behind the text.
- For the works accepted for publication, the authors must deliver the copyright agreement to the Rating Academy within one week at the latest.
- Harvard reference technique should be used to indicate citations in the text. According to this technique, citations in the text are indicated with the surname of the author and the year of publication in parentheses. Relevant examples are given below, respectively.
i) If the name of the author is used as a natural part of the sentence, the year of publication is in brackets;
Gürkaynak (2002) kimyasal çözeltiler üzerinde yapmış olduğu …
ii) If the name of the author is not used as a natural part of the sentence, it should be in the form of author name, year of publication and page number;
The latest studies (Pınar, 2003: 12), the application ...
iii) In the case of two authors, both authors' surnames are used.
Cinicioglu and Keleşoğlu (1993) have made the analysis about....
iv) If there are more than two authors, the first author's surname and then the statement of "et al." follows.
Öztoprak et al. (1999) put forward by…
v) If more than one publication of the same author published in the same year is used, an alphabetical character is added to the end of the printing years.
Bozbey et al. (2003a) reaches the result ...
vi) If the resource is anonymous the word “anon” must be used.
…the realities spoken in recent times (Anon 1998: 53) .
vi) if a newspaper article with an unknown writer is used, name of the newspaper, date of publication, page number should be written.
The floods occured in the region effect the structural features (Atlas, 1998: 6)
viii) The studies made use of thesis, alphabetically ordered according to the surnames of the writers. The name of the magazine, book or booklet , etc. should be in italic and bold letters.
ix) For Internet resources, the name of the writer should be shown as mentioned before. If no writers name, the name of the resources and the date must be given.
There is information about the market (ISE, 23.06.2003)
x) For the internet resources with unknown writers URL-sequence number and year should be written as follow:
(URL-1, 2003), (URL-1 and URL-2, 2003), According to URL-1 (2003)
Times New Roman should be found at the end of the study in alphabetical order and in hanging form, taking into account the surnames of the authors in 12 pt. There should be paragraph spacing (after 6 pt) between each source. If more than one work of the author / s is cited in the same year, the end of the publication year of these studies should be listed by giving symbols such as (a, b, c, ..). The name of the journal and symposium / Congress should be written in italics in articles and papers, and the name of the book and thesis in books and theses. References should be arranged as shown below.
SURNAME, First Letter of the Name. (Publication Year). Name of Book. Place of Publication: Publishing, Edition, ISBN. Kitap adı, Basım Yeri, Yayınevi, Baskı Sayısı, ISBN.
MERCER, P.A. and SMITH, G., (1993), Private Viewdata in the UK, London: Palgrave, Second Edition, ISBN: xxxx-xxxx
SURNAME, First Letter of the Name. (Publication Year). Name of Article. Name of Journal. Volume (Number) and Page Numbers. Derginin Adı, Cilt no (Sayı), sayfa numaraları
EVANS, W.A., (1994), Approaches to Intelligent Information Retrieval, Information Processing and Management, 7 (2), 147-168.
SURNAME, First Letter of the Name. (Publication Year). Name of Report. Name of Conference. Date and Conference Place, Place of Publication: Publishing, Page Numbers Konferans Kitapçığının Adı, Tarih ve Kongre Yeri, Basım Yeri: Yayınevi, sayfa numaraları
SILVER, K., (1991), Electronic Mail: The New Way to Communicate, 9th International Online Information Meeting, 3-5 December 1990 London, Oxford: Learned Information, 323-330.
SURNAME, First Letter of the Name. (Publication Year). Name of Thesis. Master’s Degree/Doctorate, Name of Institute
AGUTTER, A.J., (1995), The Linguistic Significance of Current British Slang, Thesis (PhD), Edinburgh University.
SURNAME, First Letter of the Name. (Publication Year). Title, Scale, Place of Publication: Publishing.
MASON, J., (1832), Map of The Countries Lying Between Spain and India, 1:8.000.000, London: Ordnance Survey.
SURNAME, First Letter of the Name. (Year). Title [online], (Edition). Place of Publication. Web address: URL [Date Accessed: ].
HOLLAND, M., (2002), Guide to Citing Internet Sources [online], Poole, Bournemouth University,http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/library/using/guide_to_citing_internet_sourc.html [Erişim Tarihi: 4 Kasım 2002].